If you’ve been eagerly awaiting the return of the sunshine and warm temperatures, we don’t have much longer to go. Spring is almost here, and what better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than with a spring flower arrangement in San Francisco, CA?
When you’re deciding on a spring bouquet, consider choosing flowers that are in season—but don’t be afraid to make unexpected color choices or to pair two very different textures together. It’s a great way to take a traditional arrangement and make it something special.
Need ideas for your next bouquet? Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Go seasonal: Spring brings us daffodils, irises, tulips, peonies and lilacs, which are stunning on their own or grouped together. You might also consider using branches of blossoms, such as cherry blossoms or dogwood, for vertical interest.
- Unexpected warmth: We often save bold colors for summer, fall and winter, but you don’t have to go completely pastel with flower arrangements for spring in San Francisco, CA. Warm tones like red and yellow remind us of sunshine and help us beat the last of the winter blues.
- Monochrome: Gathering several different kinds of flowers in one hue can be a beautiful look, especially if you take the opportunity to pair them with a bold vase in a complementary color.
- Go big: Make a statement by picking big, lush blooms, such as hydrangeas. Their size alone is eye-catching, whether you pick pink, blue or white.
- Small vases in a group: If you have a collection of mostly-matching glasses or vases, try grouping them together on a tray and adding complementary-colored flowers. The key is to make sure that the vases are all one color so that it doesn’t look too messy or unintentional.
- Still life with floral arrangement: Many florists and customers are turning to historic still life paintings for color inspiration. The pastels with pops of red, orange and yellow are a great way to get a traditional look in a modern vase.
- Make it a rainbow: Using a long, horizontal vase, display a rainbow of flowers, or create a monochromatic ombre effect.
- Heavy on the greenery: Spring is the perfect time to use plenty of greenery in your arrangements—after looking at brown and gray landscapes for most of the winter, lush foliage says “spring is here!”
- Floating flowers: Finally, we love the look of carefully-chosen flowers floating in a beautiful glass bowl—they make for gorgeous centerpieces.
We can’t wait to help you create a springtime arrangement!
Spring floral arrangements in San Francisco, CA
The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers has been creating beautiful and innovative floral designs since 1939. No matter what kind of look you’re going for, our talented team can create an arrangement that’s sure to make the recipient smile. If you’re looking for the perfect spring flower arrangement for your home, office or loved one, stop by or call today. We can help you design the perfect bouquet or arrangement for any occasion.