As spring approaches, many of our customers want to stop and smell the flowers, right from the comfort of their own home or office. Most of us know the visual delight that a well-chosen floral arrangement can bring, but when you pick scented flowers, you’re creating a multi-sensory experience to enjoy that much more.
So, what are some of the best scented flowers available in San Francisco, CA? Let’s take a look:
- Roses: This one’s a no-brainer—roses are popular in large part due to their crisp, light scent. They might be expected, but they’re a classic for a reason.
- Lavender: Lavender is among the flowers that smell the best in springtime in San Francisco, CA—not only are the delicate purple flowers a beautiful color, but the smell has been scientifically proven to have a calming effect. That’s why so many sachets contain the flower.
- Hyacinth: This springtime bulb packs a lot of punch into its blossoms. Available in a range of colors like pink, white, purple and blue, these delicate flowers cluster at the top of stalks, and release a heady, pleasant fragrance.
- Gardenia: Gardenias are prized for their beauty as well as for the warm floral scent they give off. Generally, they’re an outdoor bush, but can be brought indoors during the winter so they’ll flower all year long. Whether you plant them or use them in an arrangement, you’re sure to enjoy their scent.
- Lily of the valley: These delicate bell-shaped flowers have a light, clean scent that will fill the air—just be careful, as they are poisonous to children and pets.
- Heliotrope: Fans of this pretty purple cluster of flowers say that it smells like cherry pie or even almonds. The only problem here is that they might smell a little too good!
- Lilac: Sweet-smelling lilac is popular thanks to its intense fragrance as well as the purple and white blooms that herald spring. You’ll love the way it looks set off by dark green foliage.
- Scented geranium: This plant is unusual, because the scent doesn’t come from the flowers—instead, the leaves are what gives geranium its popular fragrance. This is due to oil in the leaves. When you crush the leaves, they release their scent—some people liken it to lemon, mint, apple, strawberry or even apricots.
Whichever scents you favor, The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers can help you find a flower that will fill your home with fragrance.
Best scented flowers in San Francisco, CA
Since 1939, The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers has been providing our customers with beautiful, high-quality floral arrangements for any season or occasion. Whether you’re going for traditional or modern, our team is dedicated to making your vision a reality. Not sure exactly what you want? We can create an arrangement that works within any guidelines you give us, or put together something from scratch that’s sure to delight. Brighten up your home or office with flowers that look and smell great—call us today to create your bouquet.