Buying flowers can and should be a multisensory experience. Not only are floral arrangements designed to be beautiful and to fit into your personal aesthetic, but they can smell incredible, too. Depending on which flowers you choose, you can fill your home or workspace with fragrance.
Here is a selection of some of the flowers with the best scent in San Francisco, CA. Call or stop by today to find out how you can work them into your next floral arrangement:
- Plumeria: Native to Hawaii, these intensely fragrant tropical blooms, related to the oleander, should be immediately recognizable to anyone who has stepped off a plane on the islands.
- Ylang-ylang: Often used in essential oil, these exotic flowers grow in tropical regions. They’re also referred to as “the perfume tree.”
- Lily of the valley: These tiny pink or white bell-shaped flowers give off a heady scent that will fill the room.
- Tuberose: Native to India, the tuberose blossoms in midsummer, and can grow as an annual in colder climes.
- Mock orange: Oddly enough, the mock orange, which blooms in the summer, gives off an orange and mint smell. The delicate flowers are also incredibly beautiful.
- Lilac: Spring and summer are heralded by lilac blooms, which—as their name might suggest—are tight cone-shaped clusters of lavender flowers with a big scent impact.
- Stargazer lilies: These huge, ruffled lilies have white edges and deep pink, freckled centers. While all lilies are at least somewhat aromatic, these are the most intense of all.
- Honeysuckle: This vanilla-honey scented flower comes in a huge variety of colors, shapes and sizes.
- Freesias: Freesias come in yellow, which is the most fragrant, or white. Their scent is described as fruity and floral.
- Rose: How could we leave off the classic rose? Traditional and popular for a reason, the clean yet spicy scent is a true pleasure for lovers and friends alike.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is a heady scent that can be somewhat polarizing. One of the most fragrant flowers in existence, it’s also used for tea and aromatherapy. If you’re buying jasmine for someone, be sure to ask if they enjoy the scent.
- Gardenia: The gardenia can grow just about anywhere, and its big creamy blossoms are a gorgeous touch to any bouquet. Gardenias are not quite as overpowering as jasmine, and their scent blends well with whichever other flowers you may choose to use in your arrangement.
The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers has been serving San Francisco, CA since 1939. When you shop with us, you are choosing a locally owned establishment that cares about quality flowers. We source our blooms from the flower market, and select new ones three times a week. By choosing hand-picked flowers, we ensure that they are always at their freshest and most fragrant. In addition to our wide assortment of flowers, we also carry lovely gift baskets that are ideal for any occasion. Call or stop by today to get assistance finding the best fragrant flowers in San Francisco, CA.