Thanksgiving may still be a couple months away, but it’s never too early to start planning, especially if you’re going to be hosting a large gathering of family and friends. After all, this is one of the only times of year where many people are able to gather their entire family to celebrate together. Why not go all out with your planning and decorating by getting beautiful flower arrangements in San Francisco, CA?
There are a variety of flowers you can pick to use in your floral arrangements for your Thanksgiving table décor. Here are a few examples of some of the types of flowers, plants and leaves you might consider using in your decorations for the holiday.
- Ranunculuses: Ranunculus flowers come in many different bright colors, including colors that are ideal for Thanksgiving, such as orange, purple and red. This plant features densely layered flowers and very thin petals, and are frequently used to add bold pops of color into floral arrangements.
- Crocosmia: Crocosmia features tube-shaped flowers that grow along the flower’s main central stalk. They are capable of resisting droughts and cold weather, which is one of the reasons why they thrive in this particular climate. The flower blooms last up to eight weeks into the fall.
- Mint: Mint is an ideal foliage filler to add to your flower arrangements, and provides a wonderfully fresh fragrance to add to the occasion.
- Kumquat branches: Kumquats are a type of small citrus fruits that grow on trees. Using an entire branch adds a bit of orange color through the fruits, and also helps to create a more rustic appearance for your arrangement and décor.
- Ornamental grass: Ornamental grasses are typically dried out before use and dyed to colors that complement the rest of the floral arrangement. Think harvest-themed colors for thanksgiving, such as yellows, oranges, reds and browns. Blades of ornamental grass are perfect for adding some extra dimension and height to the arrangement you create.
- Stock flower: Stock flowers, also commonly referred to as gillyflowers, feature small blooms that grow on long stalks. They are popular in floral arrangements because they come in many different colors and also provide a sweet scent that is reminiscent of cloves.
- Pink sedum: Pink sedum flowers are made up of tiny flowers similar to Queen Anne’s lace. They are easy to grow and last long when they’re cut, which is why they’re so widely used for the purposes of floral arrangements.
- Marigold: Marigolds provide bright orange, yellow or red blooms, and are extremely popular in gardens across the nation. They happen to be the October birth flower, which makes them perfect for any type of fall-themed flower arrangement.
- Fall leaves: You can find fallen leaves in your backyard or out on a walk and add them into your arrangement to provide some natural fall color!
For more tips about flowers and plants to use in flower arrangements in San Francisco, CA, contact us today.