If you’re planning an event this fall, you might be wondering what your options are when it comes to finding in-season flowers in San Francisco, CA. While there is certainly a wealth of beautiful flower species that bloom in the spring and summer, there are still plenty of gorgeous flowers that are in season in the cooler fall months. Read on for some seasonal flower ideas that you can use to create a gorgeous arrangement or bouquet.
- Roses: Roses are a classic choice for formal flower arrangements. Many roses bloom twice a year—once in the spring, and once in the fall. You can typically find roses of many different species and colors during the fall months.
- Lilies: Calla lilies and Asiatic lilies are both in-season during the fall months. The calla lily comes in many different shades, including purple, pink and white, and has a trumpet-like bloom. Asiatic lilies have bright blooms and typically have purple and orange coloring, which looks fantastic in a fall flower arrangement.
- Gerbera daisies: The gerbera daisy is a highly pigmented flower that comes in many different colors. If you’re creating fall flower arrangements using gerbera daisies, try incorporating red, yellow and orange blooms.
- Chrysanthemums: The chrysanthemum is a popular flower around the world. While the chrysanthemum was originally a golden color, it has been bred to create a diverse array of colorations.
- Dahlias: The dahlia is another excellent in-season option for fall flower arrangements. These flowers have spherical blooms and come in vibrant colors like red and orange.
- Waxflower: Waxflower is full of small blooms of pink, red and white flowers. It’s often used as filler in rose-filled arrangements, but can also be used on its own as a delicate bouquet.
- Queen Anne’s lace: Queen Anne’s lace has a majestic appearance that lives up to its name. This filler plant is defined by spherical bunches of delicate yellow blooms that create a beautiful backdrop for vibrant fall flowers.
- Baby’s breath: Baby’s breath has become an incredibly popular filler flower for wedding bouquets and corsages. Baby’s breath has hundreds of tiny white blooms that have a tissue paper-like quality.
- Goldenrod: If you’re looking for a filler plant that will add a splash of color to your floral arrangement, consider goldenrod. This yellow plant is a real eye-catcher in autumnal bouquets.
- Sea lavender: Named for its beautiful purple color, sea lavender has long green stems that are topped by closely bunched blooms. The stiffness of sea lavender stems makes it an easy plant to work with.
At The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers, we love creating bouquets and arrangements with seasonal flowers in San Francisco, CA. We have been creating gorgeous floral arrangements since 1939, and we continue to be a premier local provider of flowers to area customers. Whether you are looking for a collection of arrangements for an upcoming event, or you want to have a floral gift delivered to someone locally, we would be more than happy to help. Take a look at some of our best work online and give us a call to get more information about our services.