You’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t enjoy getting a flower arrangement from time to time. Whether it’s for an anniversary, a birthday or simply to say “I’m thinking of you,” receiving flowers is always a nice treat. But what type of flowers should you get someone for those special occasions? Keep reading to find out—this post will teach you what you need to know about occasional flowers in San Francisco, CA:
- Wedding: When it comes to weddings, go with a seasonal flower. Pale colored flowers are great for the spring, while dark flowers work for fall or winter weddings. In addition to going nicely with the time of year, seasonal flowers are much easier to come by!
- Anniversary: Much like with weddings, we recommend sending seasonal flowers if you’re sending flowers for an anniversary gift. You might even send the same type of flowers that was used during the wedding! Consider pairing your arrangement with a fruit basket, candy or an additional gift that both the recipients will enjoy.
- Birthday: It’s a safe bet to send the person their favorite flower on their birthday, or at least flowers that are their favorite color. But if you don’t know either of those things, just go with an arrangement that’s bright and cheerful!
- Christmas: You likely can’t think of Christmas and not imagine poinsettias. December arrangements often also include holly with green leaves and red berries and amaryllis. Really, though, anything that’s red, white and green works well in a Christmas-time arrangement.
- Valentine’s Day: You can’t go wrong with roses on Valentine’s Day! Red, yellow and white roses are always fantastic options. If you’re sending an arrangement, though, you might also want to consider adding some of your loved one’s favorite flowers to the mix.
- Easter: Springtime flowers like the calla lily, white roses and white carnations are always popular occasional flowers in San Francisco, CA if you’re sending an Easter gift to a loved one.
- Thanksgiving: Are you going to a friend’s or relative’s house for Thanksgiving dinner? If so, consider bringing them some flowers. Choose a flower arrangement that has chrysanthemums, gerbera daisies, carnations or marigolds. All of these flowers will brighten up the home and create a cozy environment.
- Sympathy: It’s at a person’s saddest moments in life that a floral arrangement can mean the most. If you’re sending sympathy flowers, consider gladiolas, white carnations and white daisies. Of course, be sure to also include a sympathy card.
- Housewarming: Flowers are a great go-to gift for anyone who’s just moved into a new home. You can’t really go wrong in this scenario, so just choose fresh flowers with appealing scents and put them in a beautiful vase filled with water. We’re sure the recipient will love them!
Whatever type of occasional flowers in San Francisco, CA you’re looking for, be sure to get them from The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers. We specialize in striking arrangements at affordable prices. Call us today to get started planning your bouquet!