What do you picture when you think of summer? Most people will mention warm sunny days, clear skies, beautiful green gardens and floral scents. If you’re a fan of fresh flowers, then you’ll also recognize the vibrant colors of petals and stems. Shades of yellow, red, purple, bright green and more remind us that a new season has arrived. If you are a bride- or groom-to-be, colorful warm season flowers scream summer weddings!
So, what are the best flowers in San Francisco, CA for summer weddings, and what do they represent? Read on to find out!
Summer weddings and flowers
The most popular time to get married and throw a wedding in the United States is the month of June, closely followed by July and August. This is because the weather draws wedding couples to the beach and outdoor settings without much fear of wind or rain.
Picture standing under the most magnificent arch decorated with flowers, vines, buds and other greenery. Can you see your closest family and friends seated in chairs draped in garlands, with the centerpieces on the table bursting with summer flower arrangements? As the bride, you look down to see your bridal bouquet—a beautiful mix of summer seasonal flowers and flowers available all year round.
Here’s a closer look at some of the best summer wedding flowers:
- Calla lilies: The most common meanings for calla lilies are holiness, purity and faithfulness. This makes them a great choice for your summer wedding. Luckily, there are several color options—such as pick purple calla lilies, which symbolize passion and charm, and pink calla lilies, which symbolize appreciation and admiration.
- Dahlias: Dahlias have many meanings that can be representative of your vows to one another—including positive change, kindness and commitment. Choose blue dahlias to symbolize the start of a new beginning and a new chapter in both your lives, or red dahlias to show strength, love and passion.
- Daisies: Another excellent summer wedding flower option is the daisy. Daisies have meanings ranging from true love and new beginnings to purity and innocence, depending on the type and size. Daisy flowers are simple, pretty and clean, and look great on their own or in an arrangement. It’s their simple look that makes them one of the most popular summer wedding flowers.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers are beautiful symbols of warmth, strength, happiness and positivity, and they have been since ancient times. Sunflowers also represent lasting happiness and good luck. But it’s the strong stem and hardy flower head of the sunflower that represents loyalty and strong bonds between two people.
- Orchids: All orchids symbolize love and beauty, thoughtfulness and charm, but the color of the orchid changes the meaning. For instance, pink orchids mean joy and happiness, and red ones symbolize passion, desire, strength and courage. Orange orchids symbolize boldness and pride, while yellow represents joy, friendship and new beginnings.
Visit The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers for a wide selection of beautiful summer flowers in San Francisco, CA. We’d love to help you prepare for your wedding by handling the floral arrangements!