The weather is warm and the days are growing longer and longer. This means summer flowers are finally in bloom! Summer flowers are as warm and inviting as the season itself. They will greet you with their full blooms and vibrant colors. But it can be difficult to select the perfect option with so many different types available. To get the most out of your summer selections, your best bet is to look for flowers that can survive without a lot of attention and with minimal watering to help them stay looking beautiful until the season ends.
Choose one of these low-maintenance flowers that are sure to bring the summer feelings indoors:
- Dahlia: This flower is bound to brighten up any bouquet. The symmetrical flower is packed with brightly colored petals for a uniquely layered look. Different varieties will grow to an assortment of heights and sizes to fit nearly every need. Best of all, they’re strong enough to stand up to the heat with just regular care.
- Sunflower: Sunflowers are the ultimate summer flower. This iconic bloom can tolerate the dryness and heat common during the warmer months of the year. Fill your home and garden with the mesmerizing blooms of the sunflower to get you in the spirit of the season in no time!
- Marigolds: Not famous for your green thumb? Check out the marigold, then! The marigold is loved for being incredibly easy to plant and care for. They come in a wide range of bright, vibrant colors. Pair them with a contrasting flower for a striking combination.
- Zinnia: The bright colors of the zinnia are a welcome sight during the summer season. They are hardy enough to bloom in both the rain and under the harsh rays of the sun. Choose between an assortment of different colored blossoms to create a cheerful arrangement or garden.
- Peonies: There’s a reason the peony is favored for summer weddings. Pretty pink or white peonies are famous for both their beauty and fragrance. Their unique shape and appearance is something you won’t soon forget. Best of all, you will be able to enjoy them all year long, as they thrive in both warm and cool temperatures.
- Daffodils: The daffodil is a multi-season flower. Its classic blossoms, available in either yellow or white, usually begin blooming in the spring and can last well into the summer season.
- Black-eyed Susan: Once summer starts winding down, look for the black-eyed Susan. The petals transition from yellow to orange with a deep brown to black center. The stunning color combination makes it the perfect choice as you start getting ready for the upcoming autumn season.
Stop by your florist in San Francisco, CA today to brighten up someone’s day with these beautiful summer blooms. The staff at The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers will help you craft the perfect bouquet or arrangement suited for the summer season. Stop by our store today to check out our selection of fresh flowers!