Live flowers are a beautiful way to decorate your home this holiday season. A stunning bouquet of winter flowers is always a great gift for any hostess, while a holiday themed centerpiece is the perfect way to finish off the table setting for your annual Christmas party. Unfortunately, most people tend to think there’s only one type of holiday flower: poinsettias. While these red blooms are always a beautiful and classic option, there are countless other selections that you can easily use to complement your holiday décor.
Let’s take a closer look at six different flowers in San Francisco, CA that you can easily incorporate into your home decorations this holiday season:
- Roses: With their classic beautiful red hues, roses are the perfect choice this time of year. Pair them with some festive greenery, such as pine or holly, to create a Christmas-inspired combination. Consider tying together a single rose with a cinnamon stick or a pine sprig to use as a placeholder for your Christmas Eve feast.
- Chrysanthemums: These white flowers will let you easily mirror the snowy weather outside. White and cream chrysanthemums will help balance out the reds and greens in a bouquet. Pair this bloom with some holly berries to put a new twist on a traditional favorite.
- Anemones: Anemones are a wonderful option for those yearning for a more dramatic look this holiday season. These vibrant flowers have a dark black center, which complements monochromatic Christmas decorations beautifully. This bloom comes in a variety of shades to match practically any decorating style, including red, white and purple.
- Carnations: The carnation doesn’t have to be limited to springtime use. In fact, the wide variety of shades makes this the perfect choice for a Christmas bouquet. A red bloom will embody the holiday spirit when combined with greenery. Carnations are a great option because they are relatively inexpensive, which means you can easily bolster your table décor without breaking the bank.
- Orchids: Not too keen on the traditional red and green color scheme? Then you may want to opt for orchids instead. This exotic flower is available in a wide variety of hues, including cream and pink. Plus, their strong fragrance might provide a much-needed break from the prevalence of sickly sweet scents.
- Christmas cactus: Forgo tradition altogether by choosing a Christmas cactus. This tends to be a wonderful gift for any host because, unlike cut flowers, it lasts all year long and requires only rudimentary care and attention. The Christmas cactus is an international favorite because the small red blossoms only bloom near Christmastime.
Whether you’re looking to make a statement or stick with tradition this holiday season, the professional team at The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers is here to help you find the perfect flowers in San Francisco, CA. Let us create stunning flower arrangements for your annual holiday party or corporate gathering or to give as a gift this holiday season. Plus, we also offer flower delivery to help you cross one thing off of your to-do list before Christmas. Stop by or give us a call today to get started!