Are you responsible for organizing a special event in the near future? Or are you just looking for a nice place to pick up a bouquet of flowers for your significant other? These days, thanks to the Internet and a seeming explosion of floral shops all over the country, you’re likely faced with a bounty of choices when it comes to finding a florist to put together a nice flower arrangement. But how do you choose between them?
If you live in a smaller town, the odds are good that you probably have a couple chain flower shops nearby, and maybe an established local florist who’s been around for a while. But in bigger cities, where the competition is fierce and there are a lot of people needing flowers, you may find yourself trying to choose among dozens of flower shops. Before you get overwhelmed and just go with the first big national company that offers online orders, you should consider choosing a local flower shop. Here’s why:
- Fresh products: When you’re ordering flowers, you want them to arrive looking their best, and you don’t want them to lose their beauty in the middle of your special occasion. A local flower shop in San Francisco, CA can provide fresh flowers and careful delivery, ensuring that you’ll get the high quality you’re paying for.
- Support your local economy: Local businesses put money directly back into the local economy through salaries and taxes, unlike chain florists whose money may wind up having little impact in your area. Go with a local florist and demonstrate your support for your local economy.
- Personalized service: Another benefit of local businesses is that they have a vested interest in providing higher quality service, because they’re dependent on area customers to keep them in business. This means they often have the capability to offer personalized service for any customer and every occasion.
- Fair prices: While chain businesses may brag about their very low prices, they’re less likely to brag about how they’re actually saving you money, as it’s often through low wages, lower quality products and business practices that do little to enhance their local communities. A local florist, on the other hand, will strive to offer competitive but fair prices, with benefits that go far beyond the pockets of the owner.
- Specialization: Local flower shops also have the advantage of not having to be everything to everyone. In other words, some shops may specialize in wedding arrangements, while others may focus on smaller or more individualized occasions. It’s worth looking around for a local florist who specializes in flowers for whatever type of event you’re planning—you may find a great bargain and get results that far exceed your expectations.
As a local flower shop in San Francisco, CA, The Delicate Daisy – House of Flowers has been putting together tasteful, artful and unique floral arrangements since 1939. Whether you’re organizing a wedding, fundraising event or dinner for two, our arrangements offer all the best benefits of flowers as well as the many advantages that come with choosing a local business. Call us today to learn more about what we can do for you!